- Breast Cancer Research Walk: Tara will be walking sixty miles over three days to raise money for breast cancer research. Donations can be directly accepted at << http://08.the3day.org/goto/tara >>
(1A) Also for Tara: take a look at her website: http://writingwithelegance.moonfruit.com >> She offers
*Writing services: short fiction, articles, research assistance
*Marketing and promotional materials
*Basic web design
*Proofreading and copyediting services
(1B) Tara lives near Philadelphia, but with the internet, she can do writing for you no matter where you live.
- TV Books, founded in 2008 by Tim Barber, is an independent publishing house based in New York City producing unique books, artist monographs, zines and posters. The majority of TV Books' catalog is printed on demand. The site's gallery offers editioned prints and original artworks from its authors. Tim Barber also runs the website http://www.tinyvices.com, where visitors are encouraged to submit their photographs and artwork.
- Alan Beale --- Alan gave us tons of help compiling the 9,000 phonetic words. Here is his enormous website << http://www.wyrdplay.org >>
- ABLE: The Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE). Has the purpose of reversing the social decay that threatens our societies by resolving the worst problems that plague man today -- drugs, crime, illiteracy and immorality.
- A+ Writing / Step by step help for writing a first-class research paper. start here... (ipl)
- Abbey the pet is dead
- advice, how to give it
- advice, how to take it
- Advice to our grandchildren (al)
- Airplane models -- six good links
- All-Time Bestselling Books and Authors
- allowance for children
- Amazing wrestler
- American's With Disabilites Act
- Amish teach us a lesson
- anger is good for you
- Charities (ac)
- charity directories
- Charity Guide: From The American Institute of Philanthropy. It is easy to use.
- Charities -- Charities rated
by Charity Navigator: Follow
these 5 steps:
<< http://www.charitynavigator.org >> (2) click
on "site map" (small type, near bottom of page) (3) scroll
down to "search this site"
on "A-Z directory and click on appropriate initial letter or
on "browse categories" and click appropriately
on the name of charity and you will get to a "rating page".
- Charities -- http://www.givewell.net/ "GiveWell is an information resource by donors and for donors. It started with a simple question: "Where should I donate?"
- EarthAction -- A global network of more than 2,500 organizations in over 160 countries that take action together to create a more just, peaceful and sustainable world.
- Free cardstock models.
- Just posted (6/19/08) "Games, Sports, Hobbies and Love" on our first page.
- Reporters Say Networks Put Wars on Back Burner / By BRIAN STELTER
Almost halfway into 2008, the three network evening newscasts have shown 181 weekday minutes of Iraq coverage, compared with 1,157 minutes for all of 2007. From the NY Times.
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? By PETER LOVENHEIM / NY TIMES
Why is it that in an age when we can create community anywhere, we often don't know the people who live next door?
plan -- how
to sell anything
- Schools and Universities
- Science -- Here is a good website with lots of science .....
news and articles. Be sure to read the "about" page
- Science search sites -- while you are there, scroll down for related information
- Scientific American Magazine --
Most of the very worthwhile online articles from this fine magazine are free (excepting
the current issue of the magazine) / They make money online through the online ads. The free articles should increase
traffic and income. Everyone benefits by this business strategy.
- Scoring techniques
- Sculptures by Sherry Cucinatta made with GAPOXIO(tm) Epoxy/Ceramic Composite.
- Show and Tell -- you just have to visit this site / 5,000 clever things you can do / Amaze your friends / Be a hero / Attract the opposite sex / Find fame and fortune "The world's largest show and tell" -- About 5,000 unique things you can do, Covers just about everything you can think of -- and more. Find stuff on these topics -- (the numbers show the quantity of items related to the preceding word): art / craft / food / games / home / life / offbeat / ride / tech / bike : 144 / cheap : 364 / computer : 144 / cool : 280 / diy : 352 / easy : 496 / food : 240 / fun : 302 / gun : 459 / halloween: 202 / ipod : 169 / knex : 439 / led : 248 / light : 174 / make : 189 / paper : 253 / recipe : 169 / simple : 174 -- It's a veritable feast of fabulous fun, free finds & phantasmagorical frivolity.
- Sin -- Seven Deadly Sins -- Lust / Gluttony / Greed /
Sloth / Anger / Envy / Pride
- Sinatra, Frank -- Songs Recorded By: about 800 of them: Here is a complete list of studio-recorded songs by Frank Sinatra from 1939 to 1994. From Wickipedia.
- Six rules of everything
- Slavery by another name -- "SLAVERY BY ANOTHER NAME" is a moving, sobering account of a little-known crime against African Americans, and the insidious legacy of racism that reverberates today. It is based on a vast record of original documents and personal narratives, SLAVERY BY ANOTHER NAME unearths the lost stories of slaves and their descendants who journeyed into freedom after the Emancipation Proclamation and then back into the shadow of involuntary servitude. It also reveals the stories of those who fought unsuccessfully against the re-emergence of human labor trafficking, the modern companies that profited most from neoslavery, and the system’s final demise in the 1940s, partly due to fears of enemy propaganda about American racial abuse at the beginning of World War II. (read complete synopsis)
- Skateboarding FAQ: << >> "This
is the FAQ file compiled by the members of the alt.skate-board Usenet newsgroup. Most of the questions tend to be asked by people who skated as a kid, possibly
gave up for a while, and have now realised what they're missing. As a result
this FAQ serves a specific purpose in a certain way" and does not
claim to give a complete picture of skating today. (Found on http://www.ipl.org)
- Social Contract, The: OR PRINCIPLES OF POLITICAL RIGHT by Jean Jacques Rousseau, 1762
- Social Entrepreneuring -- Ashoka -- This global organization finds and supports social entrepreneurs, outstanding individuals with ideas for far-reaching social change.
- Soda Can Models of airplane
- Space Exploration -- For news and information on this topic.
- Speed Traps -- Pull up your state and go from there
- Starship Enterprise -- A cardstock model you can make
- Stiff neck
- Stiff neck exercise
- Stiff neck exercise -- Related to typing and keyboard
- Stretching for health, fitness, strength, flexibility and longevity. 6/26/08
- String Figures -- International String Figure Association
how to -- "How
of Computer Science
and Center for
Science State University of New York
- Study skills (bl)
- Study Tips (ac)
-- http://www.howstuffworks.com/ Has 15 "helpful
- Sturdy-Town Stories -- tells you how to fix all sorts of things. Start at this page
- Systems, the evolution of -- a short essay
- Tick Removal -- Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your pets. Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and massage it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.
|commercial messages to come in this column