FOCUS ON QUILTING -- We searched over 80 search websites for "quilting" and came up with the following information. Please write to us and tell us which sites are good and which sites stink. Also tell us about good quilting information we've missed. While you are here -- go to our sidebar page and click on the "introduction" link. the "about" link and the "our plans" link. They are all near the top of the page. Remember this in a pro-bono site.
The following is not organized into categories -- we will put the entries in categories at a later date. For now, please just browse alphabetically.
- A good site -- * Quilter's Cache -- Gladys C. says this site is very good -- all her friends visit often. She writes, "Marty I love this site -- they have all kinds of patterns to down load. Everyone goes to this site."
- A Quilting Party / Chapter six from an 1874 book; "Chauncey Judd"
by Israel P. Warren / Reprinted from the original by The Perry Press, Naugatuck, Conn.
- 5/19/08 -- Here is a fool-the-eye painting that would make a great quilt. Do you know the artist?
- about.com / (ac) -- Quilting at
- American Quilter's Society / PO Box 3290 Paducah, KY 42002-3290 /
Phone: 270-898-7903 / Fax: 270-898-1173 /
Toll Free (Book Orders & Memberships only) / 1-800-626-5420t
- answers.com / Quilting at
- Applique / open directory project
- Articles from howstuffworks.com
- Associations / open directory project
- Charity / open directory project
- Chats and Forums / open directory project
- Computers / How to use your computer for quilting -- From ehow.com
- Crazy Quilt -- Online magazine
- Crazy Quilts / open directory project
- email group - CQ embellishers. Join, they have lots of action.
- Events / open directory project
- Fibre Arts Info at http://www.allfiberarts.com/
- findwhat.com on quilting
- Free patterns -- from freepatterns.com
- google open directory / quilting at
- Hand Quilting / How to hand quilt -- From ehow.com
- Hanging / How to hang a quilt -- From ehow.com
- History / open directory project
- History of quilts -- << http://www.quilthistory.com/ >> / Found on BUBL LINK << http://bubl.ac.uk/ >>
- Image Galleries / open directory project
- Images from howstuffworks.com
- Internet Scout project -- Links from the, 7 of them
- Journaling / How to keep a quilting journal -- From ehow.com
- Library of Congress / Quilts and quilt making in America -- from the Library of Congress
- Machine quilting / How to start a machine quilting business
- Machine quilting services -- from the google open directory
- Machinery and equipment -- from the google open directory
- Materials / How to collect materials for a quilt -- From ehow.com
- Miniatures / open directory project
- Museum, Virtual -- Lots of quilting articles
- Museums / open directory project
- News and Media / open directory project
- Paper Piecing / open directory project
- Patterns / open directory project
- Personal Pages / open directory project
- Professional Quilter Online / Sign up for a free subscription
in a Day / Quilts, all sorts of good information / 1955 Diamond Street /
San Marcos, CA 92078 / Phone 1-800-777-4852
firstname.lastname@example.org. This website is truly worthwhile:
virtually all the links are live and on-point ... for instance, if you click
free patterns you will go immediately to a page listing 18 free PDF
RELATED NOTE: If
you search "making quilts" on Google, you get 2,200,000 leads.
Most of them
are junk-sites and are less
material and dead leads which will waste your time ( try
it and see if you agree with us ).
True quilters simply "know" Eleanor
company "Quilt in a Day" and
her television shows -- but neither "Eleanor Burns"
in a Day" is
among the lfirst 150 leads from Google. This shows how difficult it
for a neophyte to find things by simply searching on the
- Quilters / open directory project
- * Quilter's Cache -- Gladys C. says this site is very good -- all her friends visit often.
- Rag quilt / How to make a rag quilt -- From ehow.com
- Shaggy quilt/ How to make a shaggy quilt -- From ehow.com
- Sharon B's Blog -- has lots of stuff on quilting. She also offers classes
on quilting and embroidery. Evidently, she is a hyper-enthusiast who follows the 6 rules of everything.
- Shopping, Fibre Arts -- Quilts
- Shopping for quilting supplies -- from the google open directory
- Shopping / open directory project
- Software / open directory project
- Stitchery -- A highly regarded book / "Treasury of Crazyquilt Stitches": A Comprehensive Guide to Traditional Hand Embroidery Inspired by Antique Crazyquilts by Carole K. Samples (Paperback - Nov 1999)
- Stitching / How to stitch quilts -- From ehow.com /
- Stories about quilting, mostly by quilters: Family: Quilts as symbols of family bonds /
Technique: Quilters meet technical challenges / Heroes: Special Americans inspire quilts /
Inspiration: Artists find inspiration everywhere / Healing: Quilting becomes part of the healing process
- Supplies / open directory project
- Tools -- How to select quilting tools -- from "How Stuff Works"
- University / Quilt
University -- Online
Quilting Classes / http://www.quiltuniversity.com/
new quilting skills at home. Quilt University offers more than
140 online classes,
quilting to graduate design work.
- Washing / How to wash a quilt -- From ehow.com
- Web Rings / open directory project
- Weblogs / open directory project
- wikipedia, Links at -- from futef.com
- wisegeek.com -- Links from / 29 of them
- Yahoo directory -- Links from the ...
- Five links from Val Hearder /
(1) www.valeriehearder.com /
(3) www.africanthreads.ca /
(4) www.africanthreads.etsy.com /
- Three links from Cindy Simms:
(1) Virginia Consortium of Quilters: Virginia's statewide quilt guild,
(2) Quilters Unlimited, (3) Mason Dixon Quilt Professional Network
|commercial messages to go here