The various challenges of relationships can make seeing eye-to-eye a real struggle. This may eventually cause the end of a legal union. If you and your spouse aren't getting along, you may want to consider the types of ways to put an end to the marriage. This can assist in preparing you for the inevitable and enable you to be well prepared in advance.
One of the most challenging ways to legally end a marriage could be the contested divorce. This is when one of the spouses wants to be relieved of the union, and the other spouse wishes to remain in it.
It's ideal to avoid getting this type of divorce unless you have no other alternative. This could take much longer than some other ways and listed below are the challenges of choosing a contested divorce:
1. Legal fees – You will be forced to pay higher legal fees because this divorce will typically take longer and cause more work for you attorney. In fact, studies show that the cost of contested divorce is $15,000 -$30,000. However, in some cases, this could be much more.
2. Emotional aspect –Fighting with your spouse over all the property you own jointly can take a serious toll on your mentality. You may suffer a great deal emotionally, and this is never ideal.
3. Public – When a contested divorce case goes to court it will be on record for all other people to view.
When both of the spouses are in agreement the marriage should end, it's ideal to select an uncontested divorce. This is likely to be the less stressful and less complicated method for ending your marriage.
Listed below are some of the advantages of choosing an uncontested divorce:
1. Lower attorney fees – Choosing an uncontested divorce is sure to be an ideal way to keep the costs you have to pay your lawyer down. This is because if both of the spouses agree on the divorce, it will be much easier to obtain.
2. Private – Being able to avoid a dramatic court appearance that will likely demand the assistance of a jury trial with a contested divorce is not as likely with this divorce type.
The ideal way to allow your divorce to be less stressful and allow you to get the desired result of ending the union is by consulting with your lawyer. Be sure to speak to schedule a consultation with your divorce attorney, like one from the Law Office of Emily T. Ross, in your area today.
We all know that lawyers are professionals who help people interpret and work with the law, but do you know how a law firm works from the inside out? I am a professional paralegal, and I have worked in both large and small law firms during my career. I can tell you that a successful law firm needs more than just lawyers to keep it running smoothly, and sometimes things can get really crazy! Take a tour through a law firm in my blog, and find out what really goes on behind the scenes of an active and successful law firm.